Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Elephant Chicken Soup, Chaffles


Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 119,204


                                           Yesterday - 118,321
*************************


I headed out to the chiro Tuesday morning (6/16) then went to the dentist to get my permanent crown on, and stopped at ALDI’s before getting home around 11:30.    

I spent a couple of hours looking at emails and finishing off a library book before finally heading to my studio around 2 PM.  

I only got strips cut and put together for the inner border on my quilt top from last week, before heading upstairs to make dinner.  It was SO COLD (40 degrees on June 16th!!!) that I was delighted to make soup for dinner!!  This isn’t one of my dump-in-the-crockpot-and-walk-away soups…..Elephant Chicken soup is a hands on soup, with lots of chopping, but it’s so very good!!!  


saute a mess of onions and celery, then bloom a bunch of spices

add some flour for thickening, then chicken broth, diced tomatoes
and barley and simmer for 45 minutes, and finish off with cream and chicken....YUM!!

While the soup was simmering, I got another run of chaffles made (I was totally out):


We were finally ready to eat around 6 PM…and Michael made popcorn at 7 PM (none for me….I thought maybe my crown needed at least 24 hours of rest) and we settled in to watch KNIVES OUT on Amazon.  We had seen it in the theatre…but there were so many twists and turns that I loved seeing it again to make sure I didn’t miss anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.