Saturday, June 20, 2020

retreat day #1


Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 121,414


                                           Yesterday - 120,691

********************

I got in a bike ride Friday morning (6/19) before Paula came down for our first day of retreat this week:  


We were very productive….slowly but surely I’ve been sewing the blocks I made from Paula’s pattern into rows, and I got those rows sewn together, so this quilt top is finished.  I'm determined not to create a bunch of new things before totally finishing the old....so my goal was 2 UFO's today:

  
We both agreed that while we like this pattern, we probably won't make it again because it was a lot of work for what you ended up with  :~).

Then I got 2 borders put on my Blocks vs Strata to finish off this top:


Paula totally finished her baby quilt: 




and cut all of her strips for another quilt like my first one above:  




I made us 'lunch' around NOON:



and we continued to work until around 3 PM.  

We didn’t really have furry visitors for most of the day….Ethel eventually came by and sat on the windowsill: 



while Cookie was sacked out in the living room:




Michael left at 3 PM for his last golf lesson, and Paula and I quit sewing and watched HAIRSPRAY, which we both thoroughly enjoyed.  

My honey came home by 6:30 PM and after talking for a bit I headed for my studio to cut more fabric while Michael watched some of his taped shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.