Thursday, June 18, 2020

omelet, tree skirt, butter buns


Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 119,952



                                           Yesterday - 119,204
*************************


I headed out on my bike Wednesday morning (6/17) even though it was a raw 60 degrees.  It was spitting just a little rain, but I made it out and back just fine.  I came home to see my honey sitting down to one of his perfect omelets:  


He has done it so often that he really does have it down to a science…. at several points in the process, he sets the timer and just walks away!!!  

I had time to start my blog before SKYPING with Janice for 1-1/2 hours....Michael always marvels that we have that much to talk about week after week....but we could talk about quilting FOREVER (just like the guys and golf!!)  After that I had a customer pick up her puzzle quilt….I think she really liked it…then I had breakfast before heading downstairs around 11:30.  (One of the things I told the surgeon on Monday was that I definitely needed to learn to go up and down stairs shortly after the surgery.  He asked why I needed that and I said ‘I live on the first floor, but everything I love to do is in the basement!!’  But then, in talking with Janice this AM we also discussed that I could just cut a bunch of stuff before the surgery, and continue to sew and iron on the kitchen table!!  It’s good to have a back up plan).  I started to load up my newest customer ‘quilt’: 




but stopped to have a nice long chat with Inez.  We’re not sure what is happening with the BAKING WITH INEZ 2020 TOUR, due to COVID….we’ll just have to see how the year (and my surgery/recovery) progresses.  I finished up with the tree skirt and headed upstairs to make ‘butter buns’.  My honey wanted a little sumpin’ sumpin’ with our soup for dinner…and I wanted leftover dough for pizza tomorrow night….so there you go:  



I used to make these ALL THE TIME…but now it feels like forever ago since I’ve had them.  

I headed back to the studio for a bit after dinner and had an adorable patio visitor:




got the outside border cut and sewn together for last week’s quilt.  

Oh no Janice….thread chicken of my own….just last night:



2 comments:

  1. And who said sewing is boring??...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps,Oops, glad you have backup plan for surgery. Read one Friday's post before Thursday's.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.