Sunday, June 21, 2020

retreat day #2

Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 122,005


                                           Yesterday - 121,414

********************

It was nice and cool when I went out for my bike ride on Saturday morning (6/20), and I got home just in time to kiss my honey good-bye as he left for golf.  I headed downstairs to get my blog out, and had a visitor:  




 


When it turned around to leave, I felt so sorry for it as its back left leg was non-functional….it always makes me wonder if some hunter did a bad shot, and just maimed instead of killed  :~(.  

Paula came down for day 2 of retreat:  




I wanted to just sew 2 – 3 of my stratas together, and then cut to make sure I understood how this thing was going to work, but I just didn’t get it.  You know, over a decade ago when Donna asked me to learn entrelac knitting so that we could teach everyone at Stitch and Chat, I must have read those directions at least a dozen times, but I still couldn’t understand what was happening.  Finally I said to myself ‘just do exactly what it says’ and voila, it worked…and it was pretty neat.  So, yesterday I said to myself ‘just sew them all together and assume that the pattern is going to work and you’re going to understand it’…and voila, when I headed downstairs after dinner to cut my strata on my bigger cutting board and put it up on the design wall…it worked  :~).  


my blocks

Guess I don’t always have to figure it out in my head first.  I got all of my stratas sewn together even though we stopped for an incredible lunch:

stuffed jalapeno poppers, avocado, cheddar pecan crisps
and Paula got borders on her latest QoV:


She left around 3 PM and my honey came home from golf with his birdie streak of 7 in a row still alive!!!  We ate dinner separately and I was downstairs cutting until around 9 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.