Friday, June 12, 2020

blueberries, 2 quilt tops finished, retreat day #1


Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 116,052

                                           Wednesday - 114,167

*********************


I headed out on a bike ride on Wednesday (6/10) while Michael headed out for a walk with Cookie.  After that I SKYPE-ed with Janice for about 1-1/2 hours, then had breakfast and made a couple of calls on medical things before eventually heading to the studio around NOON.  My honey got a nice haul out of wild blueberry bushes:  



I worked on quilting my customer quilt in the afternoon, as well as putting borders on 2 quilts.  I got the skinny green border on the baby quilt: 




and decided it was a good size already, so instead of adding the fish fabric as another border, I will bind it with that.  I also pulled out  my leftover, sewn together feather blocks.  I was going to put a blue border all around it, but by only adding it only to the top and bottom: 




this quilt is now the perfect size for a dialysis quilt, so once again, I will just bind it in blue.  While I was down there, my honey worked on our latest squirrel deterrent system:



And I've had this picture for awhile, and just recently re-found it.....a nice QoV from Floy, a Thursday quilter:




And more cuteness from NY:


Yes, they're building a chicken coop and going to share chickens with their neighbors


*********************


I spent a fruitless hour Thursday morning (6/11) trying to post my blog before joining Paula upstairs for our weekly retreat:  



I finished up all 20 of the blocks for a new quilt (this is a new pattern from Paula): 




and left them on Michael’s desk for layout on the design wall.  By then it was around 1:30 and Paula and I were starving, so we headed for HABIT BURGER, picked up food and met Pat: 


at the Lodge pavilion for a delightful lunch.  When we got home I brought up my project 'box' to continue to work on one of my quilts....but of course Ethel had to make herself at home:




When Paula left for the day Michael and I read in the living room for a bit before I headed to my studio.  I have no idea what I did down there except putz around!!!  And when I came upstairs for dinner.....Ethel was STILL in that box!!!

We had a late dinner of chicken pot pies from KFC and snuggled in to knit and watch TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.