Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 118,321


                                           Yesterday - 117,875

*************************

I went on a bike ride first thing Monday morning (6/15) without incident….YAY!!!  Although Arizona Mary said my bad-bike-juju is spreading….she had a flat tire on hers  :~).  I headed to Lancaster after that (with a stop at Loree’s to drop off books), to pick up new books at the library.  I only had an hour when I got home to start getting my customer quilt off of the frame (and thank goodness my honey made me a smurfy breakfast or I would have been STARVING) before leaving for Charlotte and my appointment with my knee surgeon.  I didn’t get home until 5 PM and my afternoon did not go at all as expected.  I generally like to do hard things first to get them out of the way…..I have heard that recovering from a knee replacement is much harder than recovering from a hip replacement….so I am very surprised that I went to my appointment to talk about replacing my left knee…and instead, left with details of replacing my right hip!  The doctor said based on my current level of pain (yes, he did range of motion stuff while I was there…and none of it was very pleasant), and the amount of arthritis and narrowing in my joints on the x-rays, my right hip should come first.  I do NOT want to have this (or any!!) surgery, but to go on as I have been doing is no solution, so I am going to suck it up and not think about it and schedule the surgery when they call.  I had thawed out some sausage soup for dinner and that was lovely as I think it got colder as the day went on!!  And Michael and I binge watched the MARVELOUS MRS MAISEL in the evening.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.