Wednesday, June 10, 2020

customer quilt started, QoV top finished, Deb & Kristin

Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 114,167

                                           Last Tuesday - 113,125

*********************
Michael and I got my bike chain fixed Monday night, so I had no problems when I headed out Tuesday morning (6/9).  When I got home we spent a lot of time at the kitchen table, going through the mail and filling out the request for our absentee ballot in November….have you all done that yet?  In South Carolina, one of the easiest requirements to get an absentee ballot is to be 65 years old, or older.  Michael finally left before 10 AM for routine blood work (his iron was low last time he went to the doctor’s and they put him on an iron supplement.  They just want to see if it has had any effect).  I hopped in the shower so that I would be ready to go to the chiro once he got home.  As I pulled into the garage from my chiro visit, the EZE Breeze window guy pulled in right behind me!  We are looking into some shades for the lanair, to keep the sun out so that we can use it a bit more often.  We met with the guy for about an hour, going over all of the particulars.  I finally got to my studio in the early afternoon, and kicked off quilting on my customer quilt:  




While that was stitching out, I got the borders cut and sewn onto the QoV I put together at Janice's …so that quilt top is totally done:  



As I mentioned, one of the fabrics from the 3'' cornerstone pinwheels:


Was used as the border fabric:


Janice made those 6 pinwheels out of scraps I took with me to Ocean Isle Beach.  Now I just need backing for (I think) 7 QoV’s.  

Michael headed out at 4:30 for an LLB driveway meeting, while Kristin came over for a visit and we talked the night away:



Pretty things Arizona Mary and Jan worked on, on their retreat last week:

star blocks Jan is cutting out

they tried their hand at string piecing


a wine coaster that fits on the bottom of your glass



PSA – A good website to know about:  DRUGS.com   You can list all of your drugs and check out interactions and side effects….give it a try!

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.