Saturday, May 9, 2020

The Big Reveal!!, another quilt totally finished #11


WARNING: Settle in with coffee....this is a long one  :~)

My honey left just before 8 AM for golf on Friday (5/8), but not before making gas housers: 


with the freshly baked bread.  As an aside, when he came home in the afternoon, he had a score of 81 and his birdie streak was still alive, one birdie in each of the last 4 games he has played!!!  

After showering and getting my blog out, I left for the chiro and ALDI’s before heading back home to call Paula for retreat day #2.  




Paula wasn't sure if she would like the new block, so she did the BG/Mary Jo
method for one block before dropping back to the Debbie method to sew
all of her strips together

Connie came by for a visit: 





and got to sit and knit and visit for quite a long while.  We eventually showed her all of the quilts in the living room that I have completed over the past weeks…and then came time for the big reveal.  

When I had BG’s Diamonds on XENA, Connie left me a comment saying how much she loved the quilt, loved the pattern, loved the fabrics, and loved the quilting design and even the thread color.  After talking it over with several people (who all voted YES), I decided that Connie deserved to have this quilt……so when I showed her BG’s Diamonds in the living room, I told her that I made a special label for it and I wanted her to see it:  


She immediately got tears in her eyes and could NOT believe that she was going to own that quilt!!!  Now, I have to digress back to yesterday’s retreat.  Connie was originally scheduled to come by for a visit on Thursday.  I said to Paula ‘wouldn’t it be cool if this quilt was all done and we could give it to Connie when she gets here’.  Paula immediately jumped in to help…here we are….I’m feverishly sewing down the binding at the same time that Paula is sewing down the label:  



Connie ended up not making it because when she took her car in for service, there was a recall on her airbags….so she was there for hours longer than she had anticipated.  And Paula thought that it was a MUCH better plan than my original plan.  When Paula first voted YES, that the quilt should go to Connie, I said '‘good, so you’ll go with me to deliver it….right?  And we will put it on her doorstep, ring the doorbell, and run away’'.  Paula said '‘yes’'…then there was a big pause before she said ‘'who exactly is going to be doing the running???’'  Oh my gosh….when we finished laughing about that one, I said '‘we’ll take Michael….he can still run’'!  When we told this story to Connie, she said she has 10 very steep and large steps up to her front door…..Paula and I would have killed ourselves!  

Anyway, it was just so wonderful to actually see the person receiving one of my quilts….I’m still smiling!!  









She was going right home to order new bedding to transform her bedroom just for this quilt!  Apparently she had been day dreaming about what it would be like to own it.

Connie left after NOON and after lunch, Paula and I headed out on errands in the golf cart.  We didn’t want to wait until we were done sewing as heavy rains were predicted, so we delivered groceries to Anne, bathroom towels to Nadine (we replaced our bathroom towels, so the old ones got washed in hot, hot water and vinegar…then a second wash in hot, hot water again with baking soda to make sure any small traces of soap were eliminated…and they were squeaky clean), and avocado shells to Pam (to be used in the future to dye yarn).  While we were tooling around the neighborhoods the self-guided mowers were out and I swear, Paula wanted me to take movies of ALL of them!!!  See the videos at the end of this post.  

When we got home, I finished quilt #11: 


since SHQ quit meeting….and the label was once again sewn down courtesy of Paula.  I think she left after 3 PM and I collapsed in the living room to play several rounds of SUDOKU and several rounds of WORDSCAPES.  

When we were showing Connie the quilts in the living room, I didn't bother to fold them back up.....several were just strewn about on the sofa, and Lucy & Ethel immediately made themselves at home:







Michael and I popped open some champagne and had puffy things for dinner: 


before totally snuggling on the couch to watch TV.  We finally got to see the first two episodes of THE MARVELOUS MRS MAISEL….and like everyone else, we are hooked.

Videos of the self mowers (you have to go to the blog to see these, they won't come through in the email):




1 comment:

  1. great pictures - great robots - great quilts - great surprise!

    GREAT YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.