Thursday, May 14, 2020

Janice's scrap with borders, BG's quilt


Michael made his regular omelet for breakfast on Wednesday (5/13), even though he wasn’t playing golf....it looked and smelled yummy by the time I made it out to the kitchen!  I headed to my studio early to work on my men’s quilts.  I stopped at 11 AM to SKYPE with Janice for 1-1/2 hours…..we talked a bit about the logistics of visiting one another again once it is ok to do so.  By early afternoon I had one quilt all cleaned up and off of the frame, and decided to take another bike ride while my honey was up at the driving range.  The chain came off of my gears within the first 2 minutes of riding…I swear….something in the universe does NOT want me to exercise!!!  I got that straightened out and rode for 1/2 an hour without further incidents :~).  I played a few games of SUDOKU and WORDSCAPES before heading back to the studio to work on a labels and to get binding made for one of the quilts:  



while my honey made popcorn and settled in to watch TOP GUN.  After that I got the second quilt all cleaned up.  Michael wanted mac & cheese for dinner, so that’s what we made before settling in for the night.

Remember Janice's newest scrap quilt:


Well, she put on the final borders and it really finishes off the quilt beautifully:


Her daughter Michelle really loves it, so that's where this one will be going once it is quilted.

And BG dug out a copy of her BG's Diamonds quilt:

here's mine again

here's hers


1 comment:

  1. Love Janice’s finished quilt. What a difference the binding makes. Like you quilt pattern better than BG’s. Maybe the colors?

    Inez

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.