Wednesday, May 6, 2020

borders on second QoV


Michael and I headed to PANERA Tuesday morning (5/5) for a free cinnamon crunch bagel, then went on to the chiro.  We stopped at ALDI’s on the way home to get cases of pasta, rice, mac and cheese and grits, and cans of chicken and tuna for the food drive tomorrow.  We were finally home close to 11 AM and we were both starving, so we had breakfast:  

his bagel

my quiche
Michael said the bagel was like my cinnamon bread….he didn’t even want cream cheese on it….he just used butter.  

After that I worked on getting BG’s Diamonds all cleaned up and on the to-be-bound pile:  


BG – what did I do with my leftover squares?  I know I had squares leftover, and I don’t remember using them in a quilt….I made a cursory search….but didn’t find anything.  Do you think they are hiding out with our beautiful jelly rolls in the front bedroom???  

After that I spent time making labels and binding for the 2 newest quilts on the bound pile:  



I am on track to start sewing the binding on, on Thursday with Paula.  My honey made yummy pierogis for dinner, and I had a bit of time afterwards and got the borders sewn on the second QoV:  


2 down and 1 to go (of course, the blocks also have to be sewn all together!)  

We had movie night after that…Michael made popcorn and we watched TOOTSIE and both laughed a lot.  

When I made the soup the last time and gave a quasi-tutorial, June took it to heart…this is what she wrote: ''Thanks for the idea.  I took out some cooked chicken out of the freezer and had no idea what I was going to do with it.  Your soup recipe was the ticket.  I had to change a few things as I am not suppose to have onions so I chopped up celery and carrot and some red pepper.  sauted and then added minced onion (dried I can have)  some chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes.  No stock so boullion cubes and water.  Not enough barley so added some lentils.  Stewed tomatoes , chicken and a little lactose free milk and voila it made supper.  A few parmesan chips and it was good.''  As always, I am happy when I can inspire someone!!

And more cuteness:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.