Thursday, May 28, 2020

customer quilting and pillow shams finished, OCD strikes again


Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 102,114



                                             Yesterday - 100,825


Another spike......
********************************
I got through my emails Wednesday morning (5/27) before SKYPE-ing with Janice for 1-1/2 hours……I am going to visit her NEXT WEEK……YAY!!!!!  She helped me out with one of my recent finds….remember these blocks:  



I want to put a large (3-1/2‘’ unfinished) sashing in, but she nixed the light blue I had in mind, and urged me to go darker.  I don’t have a really dark blue, so we settled on a black tone-on-tone.  THEN, she talked me into something I’ve never done……she talked me into making cornerstone sashing!!!  I’ve always been too lazy to do that….so for you non-quilters….stay tuned to eventually see what cornerstone sashing is  :~).  

After that I made breakfast and finally hit my computer after 11 AM to get my blog out.  My honey came home at 11:45…he managed to get in 4 holes before the rains came…..and got a birdie on one of them, leaving his new birdie streak at 3 games in a row  :~).  I spent the rest of the afternoon getting the 2 matching pillow shams quilted:  



And starting to get everything cleaned up and off of the frame….I didn’t have that all done by the time I headed upstairs at 7:30 PM…..to see a ‘boy and his dog:



So, why did I choose this recipe over the hundreds of others I have saved?  



Apparently I'm much more aware of my OCD tendencies than other people (which is a good thing!!!), as no one guessed it correctly.  Mary people guessed because it was chocolate and caramel....but I have bunches of recipes with those flavors!!  Look at those layers.....each one perfect....and achieved with crackers....something even I should be able to do.  And they cut so perfectly....OCD perfection  :~).

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.