Tuesday, May 12, 2020

2 new quilts loaded up


Michael left for golf Monday morning (5/11), but I’ll show you a picture of what he had with his omelet:  

yes...it's cinnamon star bread

I had a leisurely breakfast before heading to the studio.  I got the first men’s quilt loaded up:  



wound bobbins, set up the program and kicked it off.  I thought I was going to use the brown color thread I put on my customer quilt (called latte), but I found a green I liked much better:  

this is the back of the quilt as you can't really see the pattern on the front!

It was a little touch and go as I wasn’t sure I had enough thread, but by dinnertime the quilting was done: 


and I hadn’t run out.  My honey came home around 1:30 PM with 2 birdies!!!!  He’s now up to 6 rounds in a row with birdies.  

We spent a little bit of time in the later afternoon out on the lanair and EVERYONE in the family was there:

detente



It was supposed to be cold Monday and Tuesday, so I offered to make Michael one of my soups, or get Won Ton Soup from Tien Tien, and that is what he picked…so we had that and a few spring rolls for dinner.  I headed back to the studio after dinner to get the second men’s quilt basted.  I used the same fabrics but a slightly different layout:  

leaving just an inch between the 2 quilts

I’m trying to have them both ready to go for binding at my retreat this week with Paula, on Friday and Saturday.

I bought htis kitty tree specifically for the hammock part....looks like Lucy is finally enjoying it (you have to go to the blog to see this):




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.