Friday, May 8, 2020

Cinnamon Star Bread, BG's Diamonds totally finished, pics from Mary Jo and Arizona team


I got bread dough made and into the microwave for rising Thursday morning (5/7) before Paula showed up for our retreat.  As usual we had a wonderful time together: 


and she brought us a fabulous Mexican salad (with pork carnitas) for lunch:   


My honey headed out to Rock Hill around lunchtime and I had a surprise waiting for him when he got home....I made one loaf of regular bread, and with the other half I made:





even Paula got in on the action

TA DA!!  Cinnamon Star Bread

I haven't made one of those in forever.....YUM!!!  

We quit a little early today….I think we were both still a bit tired from Paula's food drive yesterday.  Not only did she have those 10 SUV’s stuffed with food, but she received over $2,000 in cash donations as well.  

Even though we quit early, BG’s Diamonds is TOTALLY FINISHED!!!:  



You know BG - when I looke at the picture....it really is pretty.  Those big diamonds made out of  8 colors are nice....BUT I STILL NEVER WANT TO MAKE THAT QUILT AGAIN!!!! 

I relaxed in the living room for a bit, before finally heading to my studio.  I got all of the last QoV blocks sewn into rows:  


I will be glad to have the 3 repetitions of this quilt all done.  

And I have so many pictures from others to show you that it is GREAT!!! 

Mary Jo's been cooking up quiches....but she splits her like a pizza!!!  Half is spinach and Swiss cheese and half is sausage and tator tots.



And Arizon Mary and Jan have continued their quarantine sewing meetings ...which they are calling their  Krueger/Hamm Thursday Sequestration Liberation 
Quilting Meeting

Arizona Mary completed the binding on this beautiful lap quilt today. She quilted the entire throw herself.  



I don't know if you remember, but when I first met Arizona Mary on retreat, she was quilting on her domestic machine and I had never seen anyone stipple so fast in my life!!!  And it was beautiful!!!

Jan is working on chef’s aprons (not shown) and chef hats for her upcoming family reunion.  It was scheduled for July 4, 2020. Maybe 2021?  The chef’s hats will be kid size and have a Velcro adjustable headband. The object on the left is a 5” cube of foam covered with “minky” containing some jingle bells in the center. Hopefully a fun toy for the great nieces.


I LOVE getting pictures of projects (sewing OR cooking) from my friends!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection of what everyone is up to. It really made me smile today...I didn't realize how much I was hankering for friends...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting on BG's quilt made it look so elegant and different. I love it. Is that your regular batting. It looks "puffier"

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.