Wednesday, May 13, 2020

2nd men's quilt finished, more 3-D puzzle, popovers


Michael and I both headed out to the chiro Tuesday morning (5/12), then made a quick stop at FOOD LION before continuing on to the bike shop in Waxhaw.  I got a new tube in my tire….cross your fingers that this one works better than the last one.  We came home and had breakfast before Dolly came over to pick up her quilt…she seemed thrilled, so I was glad.  

I finally made it to my studio in the early afternoon and kicked off quilting on the second men’s quilt:  



I finished the quilt by late afternoon:  


and now just have to get both quilts cleaned up and off of the frame and trimmed, and make binding and 2 labels by Thursday morning when Paula comes (we switched to Thursday and Saturday, as Friday is kind of booked for me).  

I decided to take a bike ride to celebrate and check out my newest tire, and that went swimmingly.  By the time I was home, Michael was ready to relax on the lanair, as was the rest of the family:  

Lucy

Ethel - facinated by the birds

Cookie


Cookie's butt is actually ON Lucy!

Ethel

We worked a bit more on our 3-D puzzle….I don’t know if I mentioned it, but there are 233 parts to put together:  

and some of them are VERY tiny



here's what we had...


here's where we are now


Plus we made this totally cool gear:

it's actually 3 gear pieces put together


We finally headed inside for a bit of dinner.  I had run into Angie & Kevin (our cleaning people) at a neighbor's house when I got home from my bike ride, and remembered that Kevin had gone wild for popovers when I made them last year, so I invited them for some popovers and made the full recipe (instead of just 1/2 a recipe I have been making for me and Michael):  


I did them in a regular muffin tin and for once, every single one popped right out....YAY!!  We sat and talked and ate for about an hour before they headed for home, and Michael and I relaxed and watched TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.