Tuesday, May 5, 2020

3 more quilts totally finished!!


Michael left for golf on Monday morning (5/4), while I puttered around in the kitchen for a bit before heading for my studio.  

I would love to have the 2 quilts on XENA all quilted, cleaned up and trimmed before Thursday.  If I got the binding and labels made as well, I could work on binding the quilts for my retreat with Paula this week….so that’s the goal.  I kicked off quilting on the current block quilt before cutting border strips for my QoV’s.  Since I know I’ll eventually have all 3 of them sewn together, I figured I might as well cut ALL of the border strips out at once….YIKES!!!  I can’t wait until the FOUST sale in August….I have already emptied one bolt of suede textured black and am well on my way to emptying another.  

I took a break around lunchtime and Paula golf carted us over to PANERA, where I picked up a free bagel….I get one free bagel a day for a week….SCORE!!!!  

My honey came home in the afternoon with a score of 82 and 1 birdie…..so he was super happy.  By 3 PM, I was done quilting:  



My ironing board broke and collapsed yesterday….and luckily my honey was able to repair it in about 5 minutes when he got home.  This prompted a very unusual sight:  




The 2 of them are so rarely together anymore, and I'm not sure I've ever seen both of them on the ironing board at the same time.

Jerri stopped by to drop off my last 3 quilts (remember I quilted some of hers while she finished the binding on mine):  





I think we have been off from SHQ for 8 weeks and I have 9 completed quilts to show for it!!  I got one quilt all cleaned up....I had over 40 bobbin ends to do on this one, but eventually they were done and the basting was ripped out and the quilt was trimmed and put on the to-be-bound pile:


I had a pizza for dinner while Michael finished up his Chinese and I managed to get the borders on one QoV:



before joining my honey in front of the TV.  

STASH REPORT – I’m adding back in a modified stash report….from January 1st to the end of April, I have used an incredible 78 yards of fabric!!!  And, I haven't bought any this year....so that's all to the good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.