Monday, May 4, 2020

breakfast on the lanair, distance knitting/spinning/plying, AJ


I headed out for a bike ride on Sunday morning (5/3) while Michael headed out for a walk with Cookie.  After that we had a leisurely breakfast on the lanair, eating and reading the (increasingly smaller) Sunday paper:  


I headed downstairs and got one pass done (3 rows linked together) on my current quilt on XENA before leaving for socially distant knitting and spinning and plying with Pam and Rosalie (we're hoping to be back to a full meeting of the Fiber Nutz in June):  





Rosalie showed us a weaving 'study in color' example she did at a seminar several years ago and I'm sure you'll understand why I thought it was stunning:


I was home before 5 PM, had leftover Chinese for dinner and headed back to my studio for just a bit.  By the time I came upstairs at 8 PM, I had that 2nd QoV sewn together:


Someone at our ZOOM conference last Thussday asked how far I am on my One Block Wonder.  All of my blocks from my fabric have been sewn (around 206 of them) and I am starting to sort them into color piles:

the ones in the pizza box still need to be sorted, and then I will do a
secondary sort on each pile, probably going from darkest to lightest

But I still need to make the tumbling blocks that I want to add to this pattern, and I need some additional fabric for that.  I don't see me venturing out for a totally frivolous fabric purchase until sometime in June....we'll see.  One of my neighbors told that there are no reported COVID-19 cases in our zip code....and for that I am very grateful.

And a little more joy:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.