Sunday, May 3, 2020

quilting started on blocks quilt, QoV sewing

My honey left for golf early on Saturday (5/2), while I putzed around upstairs for a bit before heading to my studio.  I got the program set up, got my bobbins wound, and kicked off quilting on the newest ‘blocks’ quilt: 




I had to show you the back as well....

I absolutely love how rainbow variegated thread looks on a black background.  While that was stitching out….I looked around for something else to do.  

So, as much as I wanted to start a new project…and felt like I deserved to start a new project after finishing 3 quilts yesterday….I started to sew ae set of QoV blocks together.  Remember several weeks ago when I completed all of the blocks for THREE Curvy Rectangle quilts?  Well, one got sewn together and a second one was on the design wall.  I was going to use it as a ‘pattern’ for the 3rd one before sewing it together…..but the kitties were using it as a playground and continually knocking blocks off of the wall, so I decided to put it together:  




By dinnertime my blocks were all into rows (Paula, please check it for mistakes!!):  


My honey came home in the afternoon with a score of 84 and 2 birdies….so he was very happy.  


We finally got our beloved Tien Tien for dinner and it was yummy!!!!  Then we settled in for a date night with champagne: 



and episodes of NORTHERN EXPOSURE.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.