Tuesday, May 19, 2020

leftover patriotic blocks, many misc pics


Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 92,036


**************************************
I took a bike ride Monday morning (5/18) while my honey left for golf.  When I got home, I took my morning hot tea and my KINDLE out to the lanair and spent at least an hour out there reading emails and blogs and playing SUDOKU and WORDSCAPES and enjoying the morning.  I finally roused myself to take a shower/etc and made it downstairs to get out my blog at 10 AM.  After that I had a bit of breakfast, and went back downstairs to do a thorough vacuuming.  Vacuuming is always the first step to loading up a quilt, but it is especially important with this customer quilt with a stark white backing….I don’t want to pick up any errant dark threads….or kitty fur!!!  Unfortunately…that was all for naught.  I pulled out her backing fabric….and it is just 9 – 10 yards of 44’’ wide fabric…it was not seamed in any way…..so my customer came and picked it up in the afternoon to sew it together.  

I got the first border on the extra feather blocks: 



before deciding I needed to straighten up and consolidate a bunch of scraps/box lids that have been getting out of control.  I found a ‘patriotic’ box lid and decided to get everything sorted out.  I found a ton of squares….at first I thought they were 10-1/4’’ squares, meaning they would go in the half square triangle drawer, but they were only 8’’ squares.  I knew I had some sort of pattern for them, and I wracked my brain for the specifics.  I remembered how I was supposed to sub-cut them, but not how to sew them back together.  Luckily, I pulled out my quilting-patriotic WORD doc and I had typed up enough notes in that document to remember the pattern….SCORE!!!  

I found a bunch of other blocks as well:  



my kingdom for just ONE more of these!!!

So, I put this together…what do we think?  With blue sashing?  Do we love it or hate it?  Have any other suggestions?


After that, Michael and I decided to work a bit more on our puzzle…this gear piece has 27 pieces and took us about 30 minutes to put together.  



We’ve decided to stop for now as we need to get some wax for the gear parts.  Michael found a YOUTUBE video that he could watch on our TV that showed how to put together the entire thing.  He watched that while eating dinner.

Miscellaneous fun pics:


chillin' on the back porch

too cool for school

outdoor fun

I tried to start sprouting some celery WEEKS ago...and it finally started growing...I LOVE how it looks:


And look at all of these FREE zinnias that Michael dug up.  They had seeded themselves around the pot from last year, and some of them are ready to bloom:



Arizona Mary finished her 'stacked bricks' quilt (I really like this pattern):


And she made a drawstring bag to take to the pool, with a vinyl mesh section for her wet towels, and the front has a zippered pocket for her phone and speaker when she rides her bike to the pool.  She made it like a backpack:




While Connie is waiting for her new bedding, she is displaying her 'BG's Diamonds' quilt with the backing side out....it really picks up the lavender/purple in her current comforter:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.