Tuesday, May 26, 2020

gas housers, my first chaffle, Salt River Bars, AJ

Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 99,878 

                                             Yesterday - 99,300

**********************************

Fresh bread….Michael’s breakfast on Monday (5/25):  


He was just sitting down to eat when I headed out on my bike.  It was very overcast and there was a 60% chance of thunderstorms, but I got home without a drop!  I had a bit to do in the kitchen before making my first chaffle and topping with jalapeno cheese and egg salad:  






I finally made it to my studio around NOON, and quilted until the storms moved in.  I got 8 rows done, only 5 left to do.  

Michael came home at 1 PM…..his new birdie streak of 3 games in a row is still alive!!!  He said the guy who ‘decorates’ the golf course had a really nice display for Memorial Day:  



I headed upstairs in the late afternoon to make cookies (a new recipe) for Michael to take to his ‘driveway’ dinner Tuesday night:  



Now, I swear....my hobby is not really baking…it is collecting recipes!  I have hundreds and hundreds of recipes that I will never make, but am still addicted to collecting new ones.  These are called ‘Salt River Bars’.  

What makes a person pick one recipe over another to try?  Do you think you know me well?  Here’s the picture from the recipe….if you know me as well as you think you do, you should be able to guess what made me try this one....I'm excited to hear what you think!!! 


We had leftover pizza for dinner and we settled in to knit and watch TV.  

And more cuteness:

Piggyback rides from mom and dad:





2 comments:

  1. chocolate + caramel + no bake
    Also, what is that chaffle thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about chocolate and carmel

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.