Saturday, May 30, 2020

retreat this week day #1

Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 104,581

                                            Yesterday - 103,344

****************************************


Michael was up super early on Friday (5/29) for a 7:20 tee off time, while I headed out on a bike ride before 7 AM.  I got home and got my blog out and when I headed upstairs I saw this:




I can't believe she managed to not fall all the way off that chair while she was sleeping!!!

Paula arrived after 9 AM: 



and while she continued to work on her newest QoV: 


I started the same pattern with different fabrics:  


I thought I would NEVER figure out how to sew it together right….but Paula kept encouraging me with each strip and she was right….I think I’ve got it  :~).  We had furry company most of the time:





We went out on errands when we took a break for lunch, and finished up shortly after we got back.  I haven't like any of the chaffle recipes I've made....so I made up my own (I wanted to do it when Paula was there so that she could help taste test):



and she thought they were pretty good and wants the recipe when I get it finalized and typed up.

My customer came over in the late afternoon to pick up her quilt and she could not have been more receptive to what I had to say.  We talked about the fullness in her borders and I sent her a link to my friend’s article on how to do it properly, and what happens when you don’t.  She was VERY pleased with her quilt and pillow shams…which made me VERY happy!!!  

I read my book for awhile before a late dinner of leftover pizza.

2 comments:

  1. OK, What are chaffles? I figured they were tiny waffles but are they savory for lunch or dinner instead of breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just quickly looking at your 2 blocks, I would not have noticed they were the same pattern. Contrast versus blending really does change the whole look, so I think that's what my next "study" lessons need to be...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.