Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Weaving Christmas Party


I finally got up at 6 AM on Tuesday (12/17); I just never fell back asleep after awakening around 4 AM.  

I got my blog out and that took an hour (it always takes a long time when there are lots of pictures), then I cut 5-1/4 yards of 108’’ wide patriotic for the backing on 3 QoV’s.  I got the backing loaded before SKYPE-ing with Janice at 9 AM.  We got all caught up by 10:30, then I headed upstairs to get a bit of a nosh and to straighten up the kitchen before our Weaving Christmas Party at NOON.  

I LOVE getting together with these ladies!!!  Although we were a small group:  

Rosalie & Marilyn

Kathy & Pam

we had good food, and lots of laugher and talking….some serious and some silly.  Pam loved snuggling with Cookie, and apparently that was reciprocated:





the best picture!!

Everyone left by 4 PM and I talked to my honey for a bit before dinner.  

He left at 7 PM for the movies and I SKYPE-d with BG for over an hour in the evening.  After that I finally finished sewing the binding on the second cat quilt.  

*** MMR - Michael's Movie Reviews ***

21 Bridges is a formulaic cop drama starring Idris Elba and J.K. Simmons (the State Farm guy). A coke heist gone bad kills 7 policemen. The Crooks are chased all over Manhattan by Idris (the good cop). He shuts down Manhattan Island in order to catch them. But something fishy is going on as this heist was to be a 30 kilo hit when actually there was 300 kilos of coke stored in the cellar of a liquor store. Suspicious, no? Turns out (spoiler alert) the coke was being distributed by dirty cops: a whole precinct of them. So from there the story becomes so predictable. Car chases, gun battles, and trying to figure out who is behind the corruption. But it is all too obvious... I give it 2 fat quarters our of 5. If you are into Idris maybe 3 out of 5!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.