Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Cooking Fingers Christmas Tea, SNS Martini Night


I hopped up Monday morning (12/9) and got the ingredients for my cornbread all measured out, and Mexican Chicken Soup in the crockpot (thanks for the chicken cutting Janice!!) before Anne arrived to take us to the Lodge for the Cooking Fingers Tea.  All of the tables were so lovely:  








this was my favorite table....it was absolutely stunning in person




we had punch (both spiked and unspiked):


and the food (as always) was delicious:  





































Our president Paula, looked very festive as she gave her welcoming speech:



Anne dropped us off back home shortly after NOON and we got to say good-bye to my honey before he left for golf.  Everything for Martini Night seemed under control, so Janice and I headed back downstairs to sew.  

She’s working on new scrappy blocks (she only needs some insance number like 400 or so...):  



and she’s also working on covering 2 huge pillows to use on her white wicker front porch chairs.  I thought the design and colors were beautiful, but then we got the bright idea of also monogramming an initial in the center:  


practice

go for it....

FABULOUS!!!!

center for the second pillow she will do at home

Doesn’t it look great??  

I searched through my fabrics and came up with a focus fabric to make a couple of baby boy quilts:  




Janice helped me to pick out colors to go with it.  

Eventually we made our way upstairs to set the table with my Christmas china and gold flatware: 






make corn bread and pull an appetizer together, and fill our lemon cookie cups:  



Everyone arrived at 6:30 PM: 

Pat & Andi

Joyce & Janice

Donnis & Bonnie

Ellie & Jane

and I think we had a wonderful evening eating, and playing Salad Bowl and talking.  Everyone left after 10 and Janice and I changed into our jammies, poured ourselves a drink and relaxed in the living room until almost mid-night…it was a wonderful day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow ! Thanks for all the photos... Looks like a wonderful day.
    Love, Love, the monogrammed pillows ! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful place we live in!!
    Love YOU!!

    ME

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.