Sunday, December 29, 2019

labels done, new leftover quilt started


Michael left before 9 AM on Saturday (12/28) for golfing here at SCCL, and I took the time to make a big breakfast for myself:  


I made it to the studio by 10 AM and spent a good bit of time trying to create a new label for my QoV’s for 2020.  When I thought I had it set, I stitched it out:  


and then made another and another:  


While they were stitching, I worked on reclaiming the backing from the 3 QoV’s and by the time my honey got home, I was all set:  

a tidy pile of scraps and a pile of batting strips for dog beds

We both sat out on the lanair for a couple of hours after that as the temperature was absolutely gorgeous.  

We had leftover soup for dinner and then my honey wanted to watch the Clemson/Ohio game….so I stayed in my studio….looking in nooks and crannies and drawers and scrap buckets to expland the blocks on the design wall…even though it is very dark….I love it:  

first expanding that on point square in the center

then deciding to change the spacing a bit

I found a scrap of this gorgeous Christmas fabric to add in...wish I had a bunch more

then several blocks that go colorwise....but have to have inches added


and a few more small leftover blocks found

adding fabric to the smaller blocks on top

and on the bottom


I just have a bit more to fill in...but have to go through my scrap drawers once again.  The bad thing about this is....it doesn't really help my stash report as I am using leftover bits and pieces....which I'm sure were already counted as part of the first project ever done with them!  Oh wel....by the time I was done it was 10 PM and I was ready for bed.

*** MMR - Michael's Movie Reviews ***

Black Water: I just saw one of the most frightening movies ever! It had no creatures, no ghosts, no creepy clowns, but it scared the living daylights out of me. This movie is about corporate greed and what a company with no conscience can do to a town of 70,000 people. Dupont (better living through chemistry) has been knowingly polluting the water of this town for decades and finally a lone attorney takes on the task of suing them; and what a battle it is. Remember Teflon? That is just one of the monsters in this film. PS4A is another. We have in our bodies chemicals that will never leave, all brought to us by our corporate fiends! The town was polluted for decades and the case goes on for decades . Mark Ruffalo stars as the beleaguered attorney fighting for justice. A great and sobering film. Highly recommended. I give it 5 fat quarters out of 5.

1 comment:

  1. 1) Love your step by step progress pics. It shows how to be creative and make something from scraps.
    I like that.
    2) We just went to see Dark Waters yesterday and had the same reaction Michael did. I think it should be required viewing.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.