Saturday, December 14, 2019

Christmas Tea, Pod "Q" Party


My honey hopped up at 6:15 AM on Friday to make it to his 8 AM doctor’s appointment (a follow-up for the eye surgery a week ago), and I followed at 6:30 to get things going for my tea.  First up was getting my mulled cider in the crockpot so that it would be warm by NOON.  Then I made some additional lemon cookie cups:  


Normally everyone wants to bring dessert at Christmas time…this time I only had 2 – 3 desserts for over 20 people, so I thought I’d better make some  :~).  It was easy as I had frozen some of the cookie dough...and still had extra filling in the fridge.  

After that I made 3 runs of homemade Bailey’s (always my naughty tea at Christmas time), and set out plates/silverware/napkins and my honey set out the extra chairs.  By then it was time for everyone to arrive……we had tons of great food…







and lots of lovely ladies: 









and I think everyone had a great time.  

I was absolutely pooped once everyone left, so other than stacking the dishwasher, I sat in the living room with my leg up on a stool, reading my book!  

We’ve kind of been adopted by a group of residents from one of the other pods in the complex, so at 5 PM Michael and I got dressed in our Christmas finery and headed out to pod “Q” for their pod party.  Paula kindly let me her headgear from the SHQ party: 

remember this?

so that I looked appropriately festive  :~).  We had appetizers at one house (the decorating was everywhere): 





interesting tree




then the main course at another: 










and we peeled off for home after that as we were both tired and food-ed out!  It was a terrific day, but 6 food related things in one week was WAY TOO MANY!!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, that nutcracker collection was amazing! I can't imagine the work it takes to set up. Disappointed I didn't see a picture of you and Michael all dressed up....

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are sooooooooooo lucky to live here!! Love us _ YOU _ here -

    ME

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tea was fun as usual. Lots of yummy food and friendly conversation. BTW could you find out where the "interesting tree" came from? I'd love something like that.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.