Tuesday, December 24, 2019

STACKS!, new layout, yummy dinner, veteran receives quilt


Michael left early Monday morning (12/23) to take 3 of our treat boxes to the post office….I CANNOT believe it….he just texted….the post office doesn’t open until 9:30 AM!!!!  I am still so spoiled by having the Hartford post office open at 7 AM, so you could hit it on your way into work!!!!  I can’t believe for at least the 2 weeks before Christmas they don’t open a little earlier!!!  Anyway, they finally opened and he was in and out in a flash……here’s his reward:  


Breakfast at STACKS!!!  

I headed to my studio to continue quilting, and working on baby quilts for the Pregnancy Center.  The quilting on my first QoV is taking FOREVER to stitch out!!!!  I LOVE the pattern, but will make it much, MUCH bigger next time.  

Michael and I  worked together in the afternoon….I found more leftover blocks and asked Michael to put them together into a pleasing arrangement.  I LOVE what he did: 




but it’s going to be interesting turning that center on point block into the rectangle shape I need :~).  

We made another quick trip to the vet just before dinner.  Cookie’s eyes appeared to be irritated all day….and we ended up coming home with FOUR different medicines (actually only one for her eyes…but her blood work came back from her Friday visit and the other 3 are for problems with her liver  :~(.  

I headed back downstairs and FINALLY finished the first QoV:  



This quilt has over 135,000 stitches in it and I used EIGHT bobbins…..unheard of for a quilt this size!!  

Michael had picked up shrimp and crab legs a few days ago, so I made an alfredo sauce for my shrimp and served it over green beans: 


while he baked a potato to go with his crab legs:  


We both enjoyed our dinner a lot before snuggling in to watch several episodes of AS TIME GOES BY.

Another one of my quilts was given out to Sandy P, a 94 year old World War II veteran:



I'm glad I'm going to have 3 more quilted within the next week as I only have 1 totally finished quilt left!!


And a friend of Paula's needed a tiny bit of fabric to use on a bunny...she sent me a picture of the finished project...it is so cute and my leftover fabric was used to make the 'blouse:





1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.