Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Lucy & Cookie, some QoV blocks done


My honey was up and out early on Monday (12/30) for golf here at SCCL and I was out early to go grocery shopping.  I wanted to get everything I need to make food for our New Year’s Day brunch….and I think I got it.  

I was home by 10:30 (after stops at CVS and the library as well) and had a lovely, long talk with Janice (who’s currently in Connecticut with Dennis….celebrating the holidays (and Dennis’s retirement) with their families)).  I finally had breakfast at NOON and made it to my studio before 1 PM.  

Until Michael got home, I worked on quilting the second baby quilt and also sewing more on my potential new QoV pattern.  Michael got home around 3 PM and it was so beautiful out that we both retired to the lanair for a long time to enjoy the weather and our books (Debbie – I look at and re-read that x-stitch EVERY time I go out there….so beautiful……so perfect!!!)  We weren't the only ones enjoying the sun:


a big yawn




I headed back to the studio after that, and managed to finish the second quilt:  


I thought the quilting on the first one was a tiny bit too loose…..and on the second one it is a bit too dense….maybe I’ll be Goldilocks on the 3rd one and get it just right  :~).  

Before retiring from the studio for the night, I also finished 8 new QoV blocks:  



Please weigh in on these arrangements and tell me which one you like better (labeled blue or red):

blue

red


2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I'm not keen on either one. The blue looks like the British flag and the red reminds me of a swastika.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.