Friday, December 27, 2019

3rd QoV on frame, more ham/cheese croissants, new sweater


Thursday (12/26) dawned VERY cold…but the sun was out and it was another beautiful morning.  

I called our appliance repair shop and they had someone at our house by lunchtime.  Our igniter has expired once again, and our repairman also fixed one of our burners.  That took quite a bit of time, but I was finally downstairs by 1 PM…just as Michael took off to practice up at the golf course.  

I got my third and last quilt top basted:

only a tiny inch between quilts




Yes…it is just like the second one…this pattern makes 2 at once for the most efficient use of my fabric.  I decided I would just use the same quilting pattern as on the second one as well, so it was just a matter of loading up the bobbins and kicking it off:  



I really need to get busy on more QoV tops....as this is the last one I had available to quilt!!

I spent a good bit of time in the afternoon writing out a sympathy card....it is very hard to write one when you don't know the person very well....but it is finally done and in the mail.  I also started to write our yearly missive.....but only got through January & February!  

The rest of the time was spent quilting and I am about 1/2 way done, but at 5 PM I finally headed upstairs for a reprise of our Christmas dinner.  

I still had homemade puff pastry dough leftover, so made ham/gruyere cheese croissants once again:  





My word…..those things are just scrumptious!!!  I had a bit of leftover dough, so spread that with butter and cinnamon/sugar and baked them up for Michael.  

We snuggled on the couch and watched cooking shows the rest of the night.  I know I told you I was almost done with a sweater vest for AJ…I finally bound off and got the ends all sewn in and it is blocking on the kitchen island:



And here's a bit more holiday cuteness:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.