Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Michael & Cookie, binding, AJ sweater, BG's Show & Tell


Paula and I were supposed to go to Hobby Lobby first thing Monday morning (12/2) to get backing for my:   


but I woke up at 2 AM sneezing and with a sore throat  :~(.  I sent her a quick email to cancel (I didn’t want her to be anywhere around my probably contagious self) and at 7 AM climbed back into bed to try to get a bit more rest.  Whenever I am up and wandering the house, of course Cookie whines to go out….so I took her out at 4 AM and then we semi-snuggled in the media room (I say semi because she jumps down every 10 minutes….then when she once again discovers the bedroom doors are closed and she can’t get close to Michael, she comes back).  

Anyway, my honey headed out at 10 AM to the driving range, getting ready for an 11 AM tee off time and I got up around 10:30 AM and started to once again work on my:  



In the early afternoon I ran across the street to Hobby Lobby for backing for my secret project….I scored (!!!) as all of their fabric is currently 40% off  :~).  I couldn’t load up right away when I got home as one of my cat quilts was still attached to the frame, but I got it off and on the pool table and started to load up my backing and batting.  

I got the first part loaded and basted…I say first part because my pattern makes TWO of what I am making…kind of mirror images of each other.  I got the program all set up, but by then my honey was home and I covered it all up as even he does not know what my: is  :~).  

He came to the studio to watch 2 MAJOR CRIMES (a boy and his dog):



and I dropped back to sewing the binding on my dragonflies:  


After that we had dinner (leftover hamburger/mushroom casserole) and I got to sew a bit more.  The binding for the dragonflies is all done and I started to put binding on my first cat quilt: 



and at 8 PM headed upstairs to settle in and watch TV and knit…I am making progress on my newest sweater for AJ:



BG sent me pictures of 4 gorgeous quilts that she recently donated in Connecticut:






1 comment:

  1. I hope you are feeling better and BGs bargello quilt is beautiful. I've got to put that on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.