Tuesday, December 17, 2019

crackers & cookies, MESIG Show & Tell


Michael was up and out early for golf on Monday (12/16) and I spent the morning in the kitchen, baking up my dough from Sunday.  

First I rolled out my cracker dough, scored it and got it in the oven:  




Then I took my orange flavored sugar cookie dough and got it rolled and cut and baked:  




By then it was time to pull together what I was taking to Machine Embroidery Club.  We had a Christmas Party and the food was amazing: 





but the show and tell even more so:  

embroidery mod-podged on a plate!

and mod-podged on an ornament



Rob made one of these for everyone in the club

























I took my towel and my dragonflies and the dragonflies were a bit hit!  

I was home around 3 PM and the weather was so beautiful that Michael and I sat out on the lanair for several hours, reading, listening to our chimes and talking.  I finally hopped up to get dinner ready.  

I hauled out the spaghetti squash and started to fry up a pound of hamburger.  I was supposed to stuff the squash with lasagna like layers, but one of my squash halves split…and my cheese mixture was VERY runny….I was worried about everything collapsing all over the cookie sheet and oven, so I just layered everything in 2 casserole dishes instead:

cheese/spaghetti squash layer

meat/tomato layer

one for us....one for the freezer

yum!

Michael thought everything was yummy, but I’m not sure I’ll make it again the same way….the spaghetti squash seemed a lot of work for what I got  :~).  

We watched TV after dinner while I knit on AJ’s sweater….I think I will be ready to bind off tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. What a talented bunch of ladies!!Such beautiful embroidered pieces! Love it!!

    ME

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.