Friday, December 6, 2019

Scrap Happy Show & Tell, sewing blocks into rows on string quilt


We were up and out of the house before 7 AM on Thursday (12/5) to make it to Cotswold in time for Michael’s eye surgery at 8 AM.  The doctor is trying to get a better handle on the glaucoma pressure in Michael’s eyes.  He’s been on numerous drops that haven’t really taken care of it, and this laser surgery is the next step.  He has a follow-up appointment next week, and then one in 6 weeks to see if it worked.  If it does, then they will do laser surgery on his right eye.  

We stopped for breakfast afterwards (at EDDIE"S PLACE), then hit OMAHA STEAKS (to send food to the kids for Christmas), and the library before getting home after 11:30.  I just had time to post a quick blog entry before the sweep.  

I spent several hours cleaning up the secret project, and serging all of the edges…I am not sure I’ll get it bound before Christmas because I’ve gotta start some of my food stuff….but the serging should be good for this year, so I think that's the last time you'll see this pic (I know, I know...for which  you're all truly grateful :~).  


My plan is to take it next Thursday for Show & Tell, then wrap it and gift it (AND OF COURSE, post in the blog)!!

I took a short nap in the afternoon as I woke up at 3:30 AM this morning and could NOT get back to sleep….ugh!!!  I don’t know what it is about that time in the morning…almost every night I wake up around 3 AM….usually I can get back to sleep….sometimes after an hour or so…but not last night  :~(.  

Anyway, after that I decided to start sewing the blocks for the string quilt Michael laid out:  






By the time I headed upstairs to knit around 8 PM…..all of my blocks were in rows.  

And thanks to Paula, we have wonderful pictures of all of the Show & Tell from quilting.  


OMgosh.....so very cute!!!


such pretty, soft colors



WOW - this is huge and so very different

I think this is the back






I cannot WAIT to get back next week....I've missed for a MONTH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.