Wednesday, December 11, 2019


We hopped up Tuesday morning (12/10) and Michael headed out to breakfast with his buddies, while I made short work of all of the dishes from the party.  I am always content just to stack stuff up the night of any party, then get up when I have more energy and polish things off  :~).  So, I turned on my Christmas tunes, filled the sink with hot, hot water, and washed and dreamed away  :~).  I know you’ll think I’m crazy…but it was a very calm and pleasant start to the day!  

After a quick shower, Janice and I headed to the studio once again to work on quilting stuff until it was time for me to leave at NOON for my doctor’s appointment (follow-up from the nose surgery), and Janice to leave for home.  I am SO GLAD she got to experience the Cooking Fingers Tea (because I talk about it….but it is not at all the same as attending it!) and another martini night.  Michael did get home in time from breakfast to take Janice’s car for a spin, as it is one of the new cars he is contemplating.  

The doctor’s appointment was good, of course it was no surprise to hear my doctor say “I’ve never seen this before…and none of the other ENT doctors in the office have ever seen it before”.   If you were me you wouldn’t be surprised about hearing that, because I seem to be a-typical on just about everything medical (remember the Bell’s Palsy I had a few years ago???  One of the first things they said was “this is very atypical presentation”!!!)  Anyway, he said only about 2% of the population ever gets any kind of tumor/polyp in their collective noses and of that 2%, only 1% of those get the kind of tumor I had (sinonasal glomangiopericytoma…which has a low level malignant potential, whatever that means!).  I do not have to have any follow-up chemo or radiation, but do have to be checked every 3 months for a bit and if it isn’t growing back, I can eventually have appointments just once per year.  

I stopped at the post office (picking up flat rate boxes) and Michael’s on the way home and got the perfect sheet of scrapbooking paper to finish my gift for Scrap Happy’s Christmas party on Thursday.  And a delightful young woman behind me in line showed me how to get a 50% off coupon on my phone for what I was buying.  

I was home by 2:30 PM and spent several pleasant hours out on the lanair with Michael.  The high today was 76 degrees….heaven!!!  

Larry picked Michael up around 7 PM for the movies and I headed back to my studio for the evening.  

So, I had planned on making 2 baby boy quilts for the Pregnancy Center….but let’s just say I am directionally challenged with directional fabric….so am now having to make FOUR!!!  At one point yesterday when I was cutting, Janice said ‘do you need to be supervised while you are cutting”?  Apparently, the answer is a big fat YES!!!  Anyway, I worked on that 




while watching THE PHILADELPHIA STORY (and oldie but goodie) until Michael got home around 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.