Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Weaving Meeting


So, I volunteered to have another weaving meeting at my house, hoping to be able to meet out on the lanair before it got too hot.  Well, this is what greeted us Tuesday morning (4/2):



So much for best laid plans...and all that jazz!!

Michael and I were both up early on Tuesday.  He left for breakfast with his Pinehurst buddies, while I got my morning routine out of the way before SKYPE-ing with Janice.  Janice is hoping to make a quick trip down at the end of April to bring down more stuff…I can’t wait!!!!!  

When we were done SKYPE-ing, I loaded the leftover fabric and scraps into my patriotic canvas bin.  This bin was filled to overflowing, and now it looks like this:  

only about a third full
so I guess the 3-1/2 days of cutting up scraps was worth it.  PLUS, as I finish new quilts of valor, I have a system for how I will cut up the leftovers  :~).  

I got a tiny bit of sewing done on the purple quilt before heading upstairs:




When my honey got home from breakfast he ran to the store for me so that I could get set up for the weaving ladies:  




They arrived at 1 PM and we had a lovely afternoon talking about all sorts of things  :~).  

Terry

5

Laura

Marilyn

Pam

Lucy got into the act, checking out Pam's weaving


and Ethel decided to make friends with Marilyn



After they left we ran over to Anne’s to check out her kitties.  We will be kitty sitting until Saturday and I think we’re all set with that.  By the time we got home I definitely had a headache (because I had a temperature) and after vegging on the couch for a couple of hours, I took a long, hot soak in the tub, then hopped into bed.  My health this year has been horrible….and I don’t know what to do to change it  :~(.

And more cuteness coming up next:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.