Saturday, April 6, 2019

more egg siliness, purple quilt top done, cookies!!!


It was a rainy, gloomy day when we got up on Friday (4/5).  I had a fun surprise when I made my breakfast....my original gal was joined by a sinister guy in the egg carton:


I was very grateful that I got to stay home and continue working on my purple quilt, while my honey ran all of the errands (Publix for a shingles shot (the ad that said they had them was wrong  :~(, no dice.  These things are more rare than a brick of gold…I swear!), The Country Store for chicken wire to hopefully prevent squirrels from stealing all of the bird seed (no wire, so he hit LOWE’s as well and scored!!), ALDI’s, Harris Teeter, and CVS).  

I worked all day on the purple quilt:  



and by dinnertime it was done.  

What do you think….this is the hot mess we started with: 


and here’s where it is now:  



My honey did a great job…right?  Now, the question is, with a border it could easily become a Beds=Dreams size….do you think that’s what I should do?  It's kind of big right now for a Prayers & Squares, which is what I originally thought I would do with it.

I grabbed a pack of crackers for dinner on my way out the door, heading to my cookie decorating class.  I have wanted to decorate cookies with royal icing FOREVER, and have done it once.  I just used white icing and then Michael helped me to paint them in ombre colors.  But this class used multiple colors and techniques…I had a blast!  

Christy - our instructor

our table and supplies

beginning peep

marbelized egg


I messed up the mouth, and the whole face kinda skews to the right

everyone's cookies






my cookies...I think they're pretty good for a first attemp

I was home by 9:30 and measured out all of the ingredients I needed to bake 24 cupcakes in the morning before heading to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.