Sunday, April 7, 2019

Sandy's quilt done, Ralph & Candyce, AJ


I hopped up early on Saturday (4/6) to get24  cupcakes in the oven for the bake sale at the craft fair today (well, I actually only sent 23 as I dropped one).  Of course I forgot to take a picture of the finished ones, but I used my piping bowl and other than my frosting being a little too soft, they turned out really well.  

By the time I was finished with delivery and clean up and a few other housekeeping tasks, it was NOON and I was anxious to get started on my studio once again.  First up was totally finishing Sandy’s quilt:  



I’m glad to have that done….it should be the last quilt done on Miss Scarlett that I've helped with….everything else waits for the new delivery on the 20th of this month.  

After that I decided that the purple quilt needs to grow a bit and become a Beds=Dreams, so I worked on my border strips.  Michael came home from golfing and we talked for a bit before getting cleaned up and heading out to pick up Ralph & Candyce 

Candyce & Ralph

to head into Rock Hill.  We had a terrific dinner at Empire Pizza: 

Michael had eggplant parm

Candyce had Hawaiin Pizza

I think this was an everything pizza for Ralph

and I had a calzone, which I haven't had in literaaly years!!!

Everything was yummy and after dinner we headed across the street to the current location of the Rock Hill Community Theatre.  They put on DIXIE SWIM CLUB and it was excellent!  The play is funny and the performances were first rate.  We were home just after 10 PM for a bit of reading and relaxing before bed.

Our cleaners, Angie & Kevin, are first time grandparents and she sent a picture of the newest addition on the quilt I made:



And more cuteness, AJ uses the whisk we sent for her birthday:




 What a great cook in the kitchen!


Or course, that only happened AFTER Trump’s current wife and her parents were allowed to immigrate (when you can afford any lawyer you choose, that makes it extra easy): https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/21/us/politics/melania-trump-parents-immigration.html?action=click&module=RelatedCoverage&pgtype=Article&region=Footer


Guess we’d better give back that Statue of Liberty right quick as our current administration certainly doesn’t espouse those values any more 
:~(.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.