Wednesday, April 24, 2019

2nd quilt loaded up, soap dishes


I spent the early morning on Tuesday (4/23) getting my backing loaded up for a second quilt before leaving at 9:30 AM to pick up Paula and head into Ballentyne for our mammograms.  

When we were done, her friends picked her up and headed into Charlotte for their lunch at THE GREEWAY.  I made a few grocery stops on the way home, and just missed my honey by about 20 minutes.  He headed out with his golfing buddies for lunch at Jim ‘n’ Nick’s (a BBQ place).  

I spent the afternoon basting my next quilt: 


with Cookie checking out the ‘company’ in the back yard:  


look VERY closely....a deer in the backyard

It took quite a bit of time to baste my quilt as it is very large (81’’ by 120’’) and I used up bits and pieces of batting for the inside…



so it was like putting together a very large jigsaw puzzle.   I didn't even sew them together, just laid them out with a little overlap. 

getting there.....

almost done....

Finally, by the time Michael left at 6:30 for the movies, I was done:  



I was too tired to think about setting up a pattern, so I knit and watched TV until he was back home again.

You know my CT friend BG has her own soap company?  Well, they met with a potter to get customized soap dishes....check it out:





Did you see the name of the company on the bottom of the dish?  HONESTLY NATURAL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.