Sunday, April 28, 2019

Dennis's quilt totally done, kitty on pillow, QoV top done


Early Saturday morning (4/27) Janice headed out to WALMART, Michael headed out on errands (CVS, bird store, cat food, grocery store, strawberries) and I headed to my studio.  I had a couple of problems when I started up my machine, but kept working away and finally it was stitching out again.  

When Janice got home she got her label all cleaned up and worked on her binding, and by early afternoon, she was all done:  


This will be a gift for Dennis (her honey) after their move and after he buys a new recliner  :~).  

Janice has been sitting on Michael’s chair to sew, and it’s a little low for her, so she brought out one of the pillows from the guest bedroom to sit on…apparently she’s not the only one that likes it:    




I worked on putting borders on the latest QoV and by dinnertime it was done:  


While I was stitching out in the late afternoon, Janice (a terrific gardener) decided she couldn’t stand the weeds in our front garden any longer…and took care of theml!!!  Too bad she won’t be living here forever…..  

We kept working in the evening, and by bedtime, I only had 2 more rows to do on the quilt:  



I hope to learn masking tomorrow….which means stitching out the pattern….but NOT over top of the embroideries…stay tuned for how I do  :~).

Janice worked on her scraps and completed 6 more teeny tiny blocks:


She's following in Sandy D's footsteps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.