Monday, April 15, 2019

new card from mpd, fmcp logo, secret project top finished, Arizona Mary on the board


It was another overcast, gloomy day when we got up on Sunday (4/14).  We were going to have a leisurely breakfast on the lanair, but in order to try to get ahead of the weather predicted in Atlanta, THE MASTERS started at 9 AM.  So, Michael ate his breakfast on a tray in the media room  :~).  I pulled together batting, and sewed a backing, and grabbed a QoV top and headed down to Loree’s.  Someone in the American Legion is looking for a quilt to give away by next weekend, and I am desperately trying to get one to him.  I SWEAR I am going to make FIFTY QoV quilts and keep an inventory in my house at all times so that I NEVER again run out!!!  

My honey did some drawing during THE MASTERS…isn’t this just adorable: 



I headed to my studio when I got back from Loree’s and my babies decided to stick with me and see what was going on:  




I stitched out a label for the new logo of FMCP:  



and also stitched out a new name tag for me 



(which needs a tiny bit of tweaking so I’m not showing it just yet) and I finally completed my secret project:  

I found a bunch of embrdoideries that were all pucker-y....perfect to use here

in all its glory...and all from the orphan blocks box

This will be the first quilt I load up on the new machine…lots of different things going on, so lots of opportunities to practice whatever I learn this week  :~).  

After that I started to sew together my blocks from the design wall:  


We had a dinner of leftovers and finished up the ice box cake for dessert:


I knit away the evening while watching TV with my honey.

Arizona Mary has been stitching away and finished up all of her retreat projects:





Everything she does is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.