Tuesday, April 9, 2019

clean-up continues, new QoV layout started, Susan


Michael left for golf by 8 AM Monday morning (4/8), while I got my blog out and started in again on organizing the stuff from under my first table.  I put the big gray tub back under the table, but this time it is empty!!  



After that I worked on the set of drawers.  I did some consolidation there, found about 10 paper pieced blocks to give away, and also a lot of dark blue 6’’ squares.  There were some leftover patriotic pieces in another drawer, so those will be the genesis of a new quilt (much like the purple ones were).  I also found 3 different types of rainbow pieces (from 3 different bolts that I have used all up), I'm hoping those could also be the beginning of some sort of small quilt:



By the time the drawers went back under the table, I had 2 empty ones  :~).  


I got the other stuff cleaned up and my sofa is empty now and underneath the table looks MUCH cleaner/less cluttered than it did:



Anne stopped by for a lovely visit to check out the purple quilt in person (she says everything always looks better in person than in the pictures) and to bring me her food from Cooking Fingers:  a bread pudding, leek & potato soup, and 1/2 a Rueben sandwich….all of which was scrumptious  :~).  
I worked on some cutting and laying out of the patriotic stuff; you can see where I started to run out of colors and had to cut more:









We had an unexpected visitor in the late afternoon….our old neighbor Susan.  We all sat on the lanair and talked and talked; she is leaving for Paris on Tuesday with a Sun City friend.  I asked her if she wanted to stay for dinner, so we had our first ever dinner with company out on the lanair: 




I made a new recipe SHRIMP BISQUE and it was pretty good.  Michael cleaned the shrimp for me a day or 2 ago and I boiled the shells in the milk I was going to add to try to extract as much shrimp flavor as possible.  I continued to work downstairs until 8 PM, when I joined Michael for knitting and TV watching.


*** MMR – Michael’s Movie Reviews ***
CAPTAIN MARVEL – Everything you wanted to know about Captain Marvel is in this movie!!  I wasn’t enamoured with the fact that they changed the comics Captain to a female; but it works!  She is a dynamic super heroine loking for her origins.  There is a plot concerning aliens infiltrating earth and Captain Marvel is interwoven into it because she doesn’t exactly know who she is or where she comes from.  There are many flashbacks that move the story along.  Many threads come together at the climax (with a great twist too).  Very enjoyable!  I give it 4 fat quarters out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.