Wednesday, April 10, 2019

cupcakes, layout for QoV complete, June's bread


We had a disappointing morning on Tuesday (4/9).  We headed to the Social Security office so that I could sign up for MEDICARE and potentially my SS benefits.  When we were at the office last, the lady told me to come in THREE MONTHS before the beginning of the month of my birthday.  Well, according to the people today, I was WAY TOO EARLY and should not come back until mid to late June!!!  What a wasted trip!!  

After that we headed to Best Buy.  My camera has been acting up and I’m afraid it is just going to die one of these days.  Instead of buying a new camera, I wondered if we could get an IPAD mini for close to the same price, and use it for a camera, as well as other things.  Well, according to the young woman we talked to at BB, APPLE really hasn’t upgraded the camera on the mini very much, and while close up pictures would be ok, any distance photos would probably be pixilated.  PLUS, they are way more expensive than I thought, so we are just in a holding pattern for now.  We decided to console ourselves with 2 buck cupcakes from SAS Cupcakes….yum!  



We made it home (after stops for gas and milk)  just after 11:30, so I managed to get my blog entry out in time for the sweep.  

I did manage to find additioal fabric and cut the remaining squares out of it for the newest QoV:  



Although the fabrics are not exactly the same, I think they are close enough to form a pleasing effect.
  
After that I spent over an hour reading and commenting on documents for my 3 PM meeting on our Chartered Club Manual.  I was home just before 5 PM and chatted a bit with my honey before he ate a quick dinner and headed out to see SHAZAM! at the movies.  I SKYPE-d with Janice in the evening before settling in with knitting until my honey got home.

One of my bread baking/machine embroidery buddies June finally did her sandwich bread in two ‘half’ loaves the way Michael and I do, and she loved it:  




Doesn’t it look great?

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.