Thursday, April 11, 2019

breakfast, kitty, popovers


I had an appointment to pick up my taxes Wednesday morning (4/10), after which my honey made me a smurfy breakfast to really start my day:  


You can see that he finally used one of the ‘cartoon’ eggs.  

My honey needed a new pouch for his range finder, so that was my project du jour on Wednesday, along with continuing clean-up in the studio.  At one point I had one of my sewing machine covers out on the table, and of course a curious kitty had to explore, and then take a nap in it:  




We had leftover Shrimp Bisque for dinner, and I made popovers (my honey’s favorite) to go with it:  


I did an experiment and cut the recipe in half, as I don’t have 2 popover pans and it worked out perfectly for us.  We got 5 popovers and they were huge!!!  Fully 5 inches high:  



I managed to keep it a secret until serving and my honey was thrilled and surprised!  I spent the evening knitting and watching TV with my honey.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.