Saturday, April 20, 2019

QoV totally finished, ice plant


We slept in a bit on Friday morning (4/19), my honey is definitely looking like a raccoon today, but other than being tired and his eyes being blurry, he feels pretty good.  

I had a chance to SKYPE with Janice in the morning, and had breakfast after that.  I finally hit my sewing room around 11 AM and kicked off a label for a QoV that Loree kindly quilted for me.  I had a request for a quilt and didn’t have any finished ones in the house, so my goal today is to label and bind and deliver this request.  I worked on the label: 


and binding all afternoon and by dinnertime it was all finished:  



I have a roll of batting sitting on the pool table ready to be loaded on my longarm, but the kitties decided it was perfectly soft stuff to stick their claws in!!!  So, I covered it with a quilt top….but they are still interested:  



We relaxed for a bit on the lanair before settling in to TV watching the rest of the night.

Jerri L from Thursday quilting gave us a piece of an ice plant 2 years ago.  The section she gave us was about 4 inches round....here's what it looks like now:

about a 2 foot by 4 foot patch, with pretty pink flowers
And look at this cute mother/daughter combo:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.