Thursday, April 25, 2019

lunch at The Greenway with Gale, Barb & Pat, visit with Janice


I spent all of Wednesday morning (4/24) trying to set up a program for the second quilt, but still wasn’t done by the time I left at 11 AM.  I picked up Gale 



& Barbara 


& Pat 



and we headed into Charlotte for our lunch at THE GREENWAY.  Our lunches were wonderful (as usual).  We started with breads and spreads:


from top to bottom: honey butter, made with honey from their own hives, spring pea tapenade, and pimento cheese

Then had a lovely salad:


And finally our entrees:

Gale & I both had the shrimp with orzo

Barb had the veal with polenta

and Pat had the pork


We finished off everything with a lemon and pear tart:

the presentation was lovely, but the taste just so-so


We were home just after 2 PM.  

I continued to work on my quilting software program, and eventually got to stitching out.  

I LOVE these circles....can you tell?

I didn’t set up my stitching correctly, so it started 1 inch down from the top of the quilt….luckily this is a practice piece, so that is ok.  I worked on it all afternoon, and since the recipient has figured out what it is, I can let all of you in on it too  :~).  

This is my latest secret project…you have seen it as I was working on it…but didn’t know what it was for. 

When Michael got his pool table, he also got a weighted, heavy plastic sheet to keep on it for protection when he was not using it.  That worked perfectly for the first 12 years of ownership, until we got 2 non-declawed kitties, who have basically ripped it to shreds:  






So, back in January I got out my box of orphan blocks and started to put together a quilt to protect the top of the pool table.  That’s what I’m stitching on now because as time went on and I decided to get a new longarm, I felt it would be the perfect quilt to learn on  :~). 

I continued to work on quilting it (it has 23 rows) until 8:30 PM (I have completed 8 rows) when I got an extremely welcome visitor:  


Janice left Connecticut this morning and drove 14 hours to bring down another load of stuff for their new house.  She will be here until Sunday, when she’ll travel home again….it’s going to be a great 4 days  :~).

I did another video because Michael thought it would be nice to show the stitchingon a quilt and then pull back to see the entire machine...enjoy!!



1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.