Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Auction Quilt pick-up, movement on purple quilt


Michael was up at 6 AM for golf on Monday (4/1) and I hopped up 1/2 an hour later.  I got the kitchen cleaned up and made my tea and headed to my computer to read through my emails and get my blog out (my usual morning routine).  After that I continued to cut patriotic stuff.  I was done with all of the scraps that I could cut into 10 inch lengths, but I had several larger pieces to cut up.  They were less than half yards or fat quarters, so I didn't put them back in the canvas bine.  My first cuts were into 4-1/2’’ by 10’’ rectangles for future Four Patch Frenzy quilts (I love that pattern and the recipients seem to love it as well), and then into 10’’ lengths of any width for my current Thursday project and then into 5’’ lengths.   

One of the ladies who requested a quilt of honor at the Fort Mill Playhouse auction showed up to pick up her quilt and she was thrilled with how it turned out:


I took a break around lunchtime to SKYPE with Mary Jo and finally….FINALLY in mid-afternoon I was done cutting up all of the patriotic I’m cutting for now!!!  Michael came home….really pleased with a score of 81 as I was taking pictures of what I had cut.  

definitely need some more red...I have a ton of blue



I’m really pleased with what I have so far, but so very ready to move onto something else…and the something else is the purple quilt on the design wall.  I made a good start at adding sashing between the blocks:  








and sewing them into rows before stopping for a late dinner of frozen Italian Wedding Soup and a new recipe for quick rolls.  

I felt like it was a very productive day.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful site you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any message boards that cover the same topics talked about in this article?
    I'd really like to be a part of online community where I can get comments
    from other experienced individuals that share the same interest.

    If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.