Sunday, October 28, 2018

yoghurt made, Cookie & dad, label done, rainbow braiding done


Saturday (10/27) was a wonderful and relaxing day.  I had yoghurt fermenting overnight, so I got that into grab & go cups for Michael: 




then got MEXICAN CHICKEN SOUP in the crockpot for dinner.  

My honey made oatmeal again for breakfast and had company while he was eating: 





Anne stopped by for a visit and to give us lots of treats!!!  She won a basket at the Vendor Bingo…and it was a kitchen basket…so she gave us cinnamon/dolce coffee syrup, a kitchen towel, a bottle of cinnamon…and a couple of other things I think I’m forgetting  :~).  

I threw the newest baby quilt into the washer, and after drying it’s finally in a gift bag, ready to be given out on Tuesday (isn't this bag cute?):  



I finally got to my studio after NOON, and fired up my embroidery machine to complete a label for a fellow quilter:  




I don’t have any customer quilts for Miss Scarlett, so I headed into the guest bedroom and found 2 Clinton-sized quilt tops that needed to be done.  I got the batting and a double length of backing cut and started to load them up, but didn’t finish before it was time to make cornbread to go with our crockpot soup.  The house smelled heavenly when I went back upstairs, but for some reason I was absolutely exhausted at dinnertime, and my honey hopped in the car and ran to get a box of Jiffy corn muffin mix  :~) (as well as a few other things).  Were they as good as my regular cornbread?  No!  Will I be eternally grateful that he was willing to do that?  You betcha!  

We spent the evening watching TV….I got the first rainbow necklace braiding finished: 



and spent 2-1/2 hours getting only 2 strands (of 8) loaded for the next one.


2 comments:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.