Sunday, October 7, 2018

hydrangeas, Paula's quilt loaded, BG is here!


Michael was up at 6 AM Saturday (10/6) to head out to an early tee time and I hopped up before 7 with lots to get done before my company arrived.  Even though he had very little time, Michael picked another gorgeous bouquet for our ‘guest suite’:  


















I can't believe how our hydrangeas are producing....all summer nothing...and now, they are LOADED!!

I had breakfast, then headed to my studio to get Paula’s latest t-shirt quilt loaded up:  















She’s becoming a real artist with these quilts…..she makes the blocks all different sizes, then figures out how to sew them together…much more interesting than most.  

My honey came home at 2 PM, with no birdies….but a score of 80!!!  He’s really been consistent lately.  

I got the program set up on Paula’s quilt, and even got a few rows stitched out: 















and one border put on the elephant quilt:


















before leaving for the airport.  I really like the pattern on Paula's quilt, I just used it on my latest QoV and I think it brings a lot of movement to the quilt.  

While I was waiting for my guest to arrive….I saw this:  




It was just beautiful and you could still see it as we left the airport.  Finally my phone rang, I headed in and voila:  


BG is here!!!!  BG is here!!!  Of course we yakked and yakked all the way home.  She brought a cheese pizza in her luggage(!), so that’s what we had for dinner before heading downstairs around 8 PM.  

BG and I started a project last time she was here, but were unable to finish it.  My biggest fear was that it would take us hours to figure out where we were and what we were doing…..it took 5 minutes!  















We had all of our bags labeled and were working away toot sweet!  By the time we went to bed just after 10 PM, we had accomplished this:  














I’m really feeling good that we will be able to complete the rest of the wings by the time she leaves on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.