Sunday, October 21, 2018

rose, labels, Anne, dinner out


Our rose bushes are still producing and Michael picked a beautiful one:




before leaving for golf here at SCCL before 8 AM on Saturday (10/20).  

I put together bread dough before heading to my studio.  I got both of Paula’s labels done:  




and also got most of the binding put on one side of the second QoV.  I can’t finish the binding until I get labels done of my own  :~).  

Michael came home from golf with an 85, and I got bread baked and a pan of brownies made in the afternoon:  




The brownies are just the beginning of ‘salted caramel brownies’, from one of my favorite blogs: (https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/50-ways-to-eat-salted-caramel/).  

Anne stopped by in the afternoon to drop off deviled eggs for Michael and to show off bracelets she had just finished:



While she was there, I finally got one patriotic label completed:



By then it was time to get cleaned up before Nadine & Lynn picked us up:

Nadine & Lynn at dinner

to head into Charlotte.  We had dinner at MAMA RICOTTA’s, 3 of us had the cheese raviolis with sage/butter sauce, and one had meat sauce:  





After that we headed to Actor’s Theatre for THE CURIOUS CASE OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT….an excellent play about an autistic boy.  We weren't home until 11:30, and read for a bit before going to bed.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous guy to keep giving you those beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the salted caramel brownies coming to retreat ?!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.