Friday, October 26, 2018

snickerdoodles, SHQ show & tell


Paula gave me a chicken carcass on Wednesday, so I put it in the crockpot to cook overnight and Thursday morning (10/25) I got the stock all strained and into the fridge.  I didn’t get all that much stock, so instead of using it for soup, I think I’m going to make creamy chicken gravy and freeze it in ice cube trays so that I can pull it out at any time to spice up plain, boring baked or grilled chicken  :~). 

I had also made up some snickerdoodle cookie dough a day or 2 ago, so I baked some of those and Michael took some for the guys at golf, I dropped some off at a friend’s house, I put some in Michael’s cookie jar and took the rest into quilting:  



I still remember the last time I made snickerdoodles.  I was in an apartment in West Virginia (circa 1977) and I made up some dough.  When I baked the first sheet, they all ran together into one big flat pancake.  I never did figure out what I did wrong, and I swore off making them from then on.    

Well, one of my favorite blogs (https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/soft-thick-snickerdoodles-in-20-minutes/) had a new recipe and I decided after 39 years that it was time to try again  :~).  They garnered a really good response from the golfing and quilting people  :~).

Quilting was wonderful, everyone seemed to like the cookies (although they had stiff competition from cherry squares and banana bread and cookies with M&M’s!) and as usual, show and tell was awesome:  

seasonally appropriate mug rugs!

and a runner

I love these pillows

and the purple one was spectacular

BG - recognize that pansy fabric?



somehow I missed a pic of her second quilt which was equally beautiful

I got home around 2 PM after a stop at the library and immediately took a short nap!  Linda stopped by to drop off fabric for a quilt label and while she was there, my frozen honey came home from golf with an 82 and one birdie!!  I made a large hot chocolate and spent the rest of the afternoon sipping it and reading.  I had found a hunk of meatloaf in the freezer, so we had that for dinner along with mashed potatoes and a smurfy beef/onion/garlic/mushroom/wine gravy I whipped up.  We watched TV in the evening and I worked on my rainbow necklace….I’ve got 21 inches done, only about 10 more to go  :~).

1 comment:

  1. good thing you made a 'smurfy' gravy, cuz a 'hunk' of frozen meatloaf seems so unappetizing ! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.