Monday, October 1, 2018

garden flowers, beginning of elephant baby quilt


After languishing for most of the summer, the hydrangeas are now going crazy:  



Michael picked another beautiful bouquet Sunday morning (9/30) 


and also got pictures of our roses and dark purple iris, still going strong:  
















He took Cookie for a walk after that while I had a nice chat with Pat before getting my blog out.  We had a leisurely breakfast before Michael headed in to watch the Ryder Cup while I headed to my studio.  Other than an hour or 2 of reading, I spent the entire day there and it was heaven.  By 8 PM when I went upstairs to join Michael for some TV, I finished quilting the first QoV: 



and also got several more embroideries done:  















I asked Michael to come down at this point and re-arrange my colors, so the yellow and blue got flipped:




I also started sewing my strata to go with my elephant embroideries.  



I had 2-1/2 hours of TV time upstairs (from 8 PM to 10:30), and finally finished a knitting UFO!!!!  I’ll definitely show pictures once I’ve blocked it.

Stash Report – Although I’m still in the red, September was a good month of only using up fabric and not buying any.  I used up 20 yards of fabric, mostly cutting out quilts for retreat, but also some backing for actually quilting some tops.  So, I’m in the red by only 22-1/2 yards….I’ve still got 3 months to claw my way into the black!  Year to date I have bought 187 yards of fabric and used 164-1/2 yards!

2 comments:

  1. Love those flower pics whata great photographer!!


    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of iris blooms in the fall? It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.