Saturday, October 20, 2018

Paula's quilt totally done


I left the house at 8:30 AM on Friday (10/19) and didn’t get home until after 2 PM.  First up was delivering the elephant quilt to the doctor’s office….guess what…she went into labor last night!!!  BUT, the ladies at the desk assured me that her staff would get it to her  :~).  Next up I headed to Joann’s and scored 300 cupcake papers with a 60% off coupon…aren’t they pretty?:  


At that price I think they’re about the same price as the dollar store…but so much nicer!  

Then it was off to Matthews to see Jan’s new place and to move a bunch of furniture around for her.  YES, I took my camera….NO, I did not take one picture!!!  I am the worst ever!!!  We went out to lunch at Red Bowl and Marianne met us there.  Lunch was excellent and we all talked for a long time afterwards before I headed home.  I was just exhausted and had to take a nap once home!  

After that I got Paula’s quilt totally finished:  


Now, I just have to get 2 labels done for her.  Michael made a salad for himself for dinner, while I asked him to make me popcorn around 8 PM (I was not very hungry after our lunch).  I worked in my studio for a bit starting to get binding on one of the 2 Quilts of Valor I recently finished before joining Michael for TV watching and bead braiding  :~).  And....speaking of bead braiding....guess what showed up today:


 This is my ultimate goal...to make a rainbow necklace...and now I have the beads to do it  :~).

I do not understand how, after reading the following article, you cannot be embarrassed that this person is our president.  For him, I guess violence is always the answer when he doesn’t like something.  His behavior and speeches are absolutely unbelievable to me, and the fact that he continues to foment an attitude of violence is unforgiveable.  If you are not willing to read some of these articles, is it just because you are sticking your head in the sand about what he is really like?:

 https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/10/19/we-knew-trump-doesnt-condemn-congressman-assaulting-reporter-now-he-celebrates-it/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.dd79036cb993

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.