Wednesday, October 3, 2018

elephant quilt marches on, QoV's from BG


I felt much more like myself when I got up on Tuesday (10/2), so I hopped up with a list of things to get through.  

Michael left at 8:30 AM for his breakfast with the guys, and I got my blog out and got one more strip sewn on my first strata 



before heading out to get a start on my beaded necklace.  Mary Jo could not have been nicer about showing me what to do, or giving me more time to practice.  She also had several suggestions about how to make it easier on myself with my necklace, and even threaded up another necklace for me to practice on.  

After that I headed to the chiro, with a quick stop at the liquor store to exchange something before heading home.  I went back to working on the elephant quilt as I am under a deadline for that, while watching a bit of TV with my honey while he was running his emails.  



I worked on that until dinner and made excellent progress:




























took checkerboard down to sew it and finished last elephant embroideries

We had a mini-date night after a dinner of leftovers.  Michael made popcorn and we watched THE PRINCESS BRIDE.  I also started braiding with the sample beads Mary Jo gave me.  The first 3/4 of an inch looked horrible, but somehow I got a better rhythm then and actually have an inch that looks good!!

BG has been diligently working on 2 Quilts of Valor for friends/classmates of hers and finally got to give them out...they were thrilled:


















And we finally know what REAL fake news is….when the White House transcripts of Trump’s news conference are sent out, they are edited/changed to make Trump sound better than he is…what a surprise….not!

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/10/02/white-house-transcript-edits-trumps-dig-that-female-reporter-never-thinks/23548078/

And if you are a woman in America, and/or have a daughter or granddaughter, take heed.  It is no wonder women do not want to report sexual crimes perpetrated against them.  And if it is a very scary time due to some men’s actions catching up with them, that is a good thing:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/10/02/trump-this-is-a-very-scary-time-for-young-men-in-america/23548698/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.